Role Title: Noam Movement Worker, Assembly of Masorti Synagogues
Responsible to: Noam Director and Mazkir/a
Summary of the Role: Lead on all of Noam’s projects throughout the year including our Hadracha training program, summer programs and events. Develop youth programming in Masorti communities. Work with a diverse range of people from reception aged chanichim to leaders in communities.
The following are the key areas for which the Noam Movement Worker will be responsible:
• Running regular youth activities in Masorti Communities
• Develop home grown Madrichim within the communities
• Being regularly present within the communities for Shabbat and club
• Producing and running our two year leadership training course Meltam/Masa
• Recruit participants and teachers for the program and the following relevant summer program (tour/staff on Machane)
• Inspire and prepare participants to be leaders on Machane, Marom REPs and future leaders in the Masorti Community
• Promoting, planning and running Kelim and educational trips to Europe
• Organise all elements of our winter camp, Veida – from logistics, advertising, recruitment, content etc.
• Run events and empower other Noam members during events
• Monthly Summer camp meetings to coordinate the running and organisation of camp
• Recruitment and training of all summer camp staff
Admin and communications
• Maintaining contact with all Noam members and children of members of Masorti synagogues via email, Facebook, the Marom website, telephone, and face to face
• Keeping in contact with Masorti communities and Noam members through newsletters and personal contacts
• Ensuring a Noam presence in the Jewish press
The Noam Movement worker will report on a bi-weekly basis to the Mazkir/a.
They will attend weekly Noam Mazkirut meetings which will also include the Marom Student Field Worker.
Person specification – required skills
• Ability to build relationships and develop leaders
• Pride in being a Masorti Jew
• Able to communicate well with young people
• Be committed to excellence in the organisation and execution of all their programmes.
• Ability to enthuse and inspire interest and involvement in Masorti Judaism and Jewish learning
How to Apply:
Please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please also provide 2 references.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org