ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR STUDENT FIELDWORKER OF THE ASSEMBLY OF MASORTI SYNAGOGUES [AMS]
Role Title: Student Fieldworker, Assembly of Masorti Synagogues [AMS]
Responsible to: Marom Coordinator
Summary of the Role: To offer support to Masorti university students and facilitate programming meeting their needs.
The following are the key areas for which the Student Fieldworker will be responsible:
- To manage a team of student leaders at universities across the United Kingdom.
- To plan meetings and leadership development programmes for student leaders.
- To assist students when necessary, including ensuring swift reimbursements and supporting student events.
- To network with as many students and community members as possible
- Maintain contact with Masorti students, NOAM Bogrim and children of members of Masorti synagogues.
- To maintain a database of contacts
- Maintain Marom website
- Create monthly Marom email including contributions from student leaders
- Maintain database of young adults
- Maintain Marom social networking pages such as Facebook and Twitter
- To keep the provision of educational opportunities for as many students as possible by providing a series of classes, either teaching or coordinating speakers
- To be available for specific talks at Jewish societies
- Promoting and planning projects such as Kelim, and a European educational trip to Poland
- Networking with students and using Jewish organisations to get across the Masorti message
- Take on Noam projects when needed
- Attending Noam mazkirut (leadership body) meetings once per week
- Taking an instrumental role in planning Noam camp education
- Manage the year long budget for programming, travel and salaries of campus reps
- Set appropriate budget boundaries for reps running campus events
- Fundraise for international trips
- Pride in being a Masorti Jew
- Be capable of recognizing the needs and interests of students; the ability the take a bottom-up approach without losing vision
- Have strong inter-personal skills, and be able to communicate well with students and adults
- Be committed to excellence in the organisation and execution of all their programmes
- Capable organiser
- Independent worker, able to take initiative
- Able to work closely with the Noam movement workers
- Ability to enthuse and inspire interest and involvement in Masorti Judaism and Jewish learning
- Be a versatile Jewish teacher
- Ability to build good contacts
- Ability to manage a team
To apply send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries? Email email@example.com